Michael Albert joined the Franklin Law Group after graduating from the IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law. As a new attorney, Michael has already made numerous court appearances in state and federal court as well as before the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. To date, Michael has worked on a variety of legal cases, including commercial and civil litigation cases and also some transactional matters.
- Helped obtain numerous dismissals for several real estate appraisers who had been sued for professional negligence as part of a coordinated national litigation effort by a loan acquisition firm.
- Assisted in drafting and amending employment contracts for a well-known sports media entity.
- Counseled a nationwide home healthcare provider on non-solicitation and non-compete agreements, and terms of enforcement of same.
- Written about the ethical and legal considerations concerning attorney-client transactions.
2015 | J.D. IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law
Michael represented the law school at national competitions as a member of the Moot Court Honor Society, worked as a Teaching Assistant, and became a Certified Mediator through the Illinois Center for Conflict Resolution.
2012 | B.A. Indiana University Political Science and a minor in History
Business Foundations Certificate from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business
President of Phi Kappa Sigma – Delta Pi Chapter
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Publications & Presentationsharry_pub_pres
- Illinois Center for Conflict Resolution
- Outside of work Michael plays in a men’s baseball league in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, and he also plays on co-ed tennis team at Midtown Athletic Club in Palatine, Illinois. Michael also enjoys fitness training, politics, and reading novels.